人教版(新目标)八年级下册英语课文及翻译

资源下载
  1. 二一教育资源

人教版(新目标)八年级下册英语课文及翻译

资源简介

人教版(新目标) 八年级英语下册课文及翻译
Unit 1 What's the matter
Section A
1b
Conversation 1
对话一
A: You don't look well.
你看起来不太好。
What's the matter, Sarah
怎么了,萨拉?
B: I was playing with my friends at the park yesterday.
昨天我和我的朋友们在公园玩。
Then it got windy, but I didn't put on my jacket.
然后起风了,但是我没有穿夹克。
Now I have a cold.
就感冒了。
Conversation 2
对话二
A: What's the matter, David Are you OK
怎么了,大卫?你还好吗?
B: I ate too much junk food at my friend's birthday party.
我在我朋友的生日聚会上吃了好多垃圾食品。
So last night, I got a stomachache.
所以昨天晚上,我胃疼了。
I almost couldn't get myself out of bed this morning.
今天早上我差点起不来床。
Conversation 3
对话三
A: What's the matter, Ben Can you move
怎么了,本?你能动吗?
B: Not really.
不完全能。
I was playing soccer the other day and I hurt myself.
前几天我踢足球伤到了自己。
It seemed OK at first, but now I have a really sore back.
开始还没什么,但是现在我背很疼。
Conversation 4
对话四
A: You look really tired.
你看起来很累。
What's the matter, Nancy
怎么了,南希?
B: I didn't sleep very well last night.
我昨晚没睡好。
I have a toothache. It's terrible!
我牙疼来着。太可怕了!
I can't really eat anything either.
我什么都不能吃。
It hurts a lot.
太受伤了。
Conversation 5
对话五
A: What's the matter, Judy
怎么了,朱迪?
B: I'm sorry, but it's very difficult for me to talk.
对不起,我现在很难说话。
A: Oh, dear. What's the matter
哦,亲爱的。出什么事了?
B: I talked too much yesterday and didn't drink enough water.
我昨天说了很多话,但是没有喝足够的水。
I have a very sore throat now.
我现在嗓子疼。
2a & 2b
Conversation 1
对话一
A: You don't look well. Your face looks a bit red.
你看起来不是很好。你的脸色看上去很累的样子。
B: Yeah, and my head feels very hot.
是的,我的头感觉很热。
What should I do
我应该怎么办?
A: Maybe you have a fever.
你可能发烧了。
You should take your temperature.
你应该去测一下体温。
B: Yes, you're right.
是的,你说得对。
Conversation 2
对话二
A: What's the matter
怎么了?
B: I didn't take good care of myself.
我没有照顾好自己。
I didn't wear enough warm clothes yesterday.
我昨天没有穿足够暖和的衣服。
Now I have a cough and a sore throat.
现在我有点咳嗽和嗓子疼。
A: You should drink some hot tea with honey.
你需要喝些蜂蜜热茶。
B: That sounds like a good idea.
听起来是个好主意。
Conversation 3
对话三
A: You look terrible! What's the matter
你看上去很累!怎么了
B: I think I ate too much at dinner last night.
我觉得我是昨晚的晚宴上吃太多了。
It was an all-you-can-eat meal at the restaurant.
那是一家自助餐餐馆。
But now I have a stomachache.
但是现在我胃疼。
B: That's too bad.
太糟糕了。
You shouldn't eat so much next time.
下次别吃那么多了。
Right now, you should lie down and rest.
你应该马上躺下休息。
B: I guess I should.
我也觉得该休息了。
Conversation 4
对话四
A: What's wrong with your face
你的脸怎么了?
B: It's not my face.
不是我的脸。
It's my tooth.
是我的牙齿。
I have a toothache.
我牙疼呢。
A: You should see a dentist and get an X-ray.
你应该去看看牙医,照一下X射线。
B: But will it hurt
但是那样疼吗?
A: No, and if you don't go to the dentist now, it'll hurt even more later!
不会的,如果你不去看牙医,你还会疼很久。
Conversation 5
对话五
A: Oh, no! What happened
哦,不!发生什么事情了?
B: I was making dinner just now and I cut myself by accident.
我正在做晚饭,不小心切到自己了。
A: Oh, that looks serious.
哦,看起来很严重。
You should put some medicine on it.
你需要上点药。
Here, let me help you.
过来,我来帮你。
B: OK, thanks.
好的,谢谢你。
2d
Mandy: Lisa, are you OK
曼迪:莉萨, 你好吗?
Lisa: I have a headache and I can't move my neck.
莉萨:我头痛,并且脖子不能动。
What should I do
我该怎么办?
Should I take my temperature
我应该量体温吗?
Mandy: No, it doesn't sound like you have a fever.
曼迪:不,你看起来不像是发烧。
What did you do on the weekend
周末你做什么了?
Lisa: I played computer games all weekend.
莉萨:我整个周末都在玩电脑游戏。
Mandy: That's probably why.
曼迪:那很可能就是原因。
You need to take breaks away from the computer.
你需要离开电脑休息几天。
Lisa: Yeah, I think I sat in the same way for too long without moving.
莉萨:是的,我想我是一个姿势坐得太久没有移动。
Mandy: I think you should lie down and rest.
曼迪:我认为你应该躺下休息。
If your head and neck still hurt tomorrow, then go to a doctor.
如果明天你的头和脖子还痛的话,就去看医生。
Lisa: OK. Thanks, Mandy.
莉萨:好的。谢谢,曼迪。
3a
Bus Driver and Passengers Save an Old Man
公交车司机和乘客挽救了一位老人
At 9:00 a.m. yesterday,
昨天上午九点,
bus No. 26 was going along Zhonghua Road when the driver saw an old man lying on the side of the road.
26路公交车正行驶在中华路上,这时司机看到一位老人躺在路边。
A woman next to him was shouting for help.
在他旁边的一位妇女在喊救命。
The bus driver, 24-year-old Wang Ping, stopped the bus without thinking twice.
公交车司机,24岁的王平,没有多想就停下了公交车。
He got off and asked the woman what happened.
他下了车,问那妇女发生什么事。
She said that the man had a heart problem and should go to the hospital.
她说那人有心脏病,应该去医院。
Mr. Wang knew he had to act quickly.
王先生知道他必须快点行动,
He told the passengers that he must take the man to the hospital.
他告诉乘客他必须送老人去医院。
He expected most or all of the passengers to get off and wait for the next bus.
他希望大部分或全部乘客下车去等下一辆班车。
But to his surprise, they all agreed to go with him.
但出乎他的意料,他们都同意和他一起去,
Some passengers helped Mr. Wang to move the man onto the bus.
一些乘客帮助王先生把那个老人移到公交车上。
Thanks to Mr. Wang and the passengers, the doctors saved the man in time.
多亏了王先生和乘客们,医生及时挽救了老人的生命。
"It's sad that many people don't want to help others because they don't want any trouble," says one passenger.
“许多人因为不愿惹麻烦而不想帮助别人,这真令人难受”,一位乘客说,
"But the driver didn't think about himself.
“但是这位司机没有考虑自己,
He only thought about saving a life."
他只考虑挽救一条生命。”
Section B
1b & 1c
A: Hello, Jenny! You look tired.
你好,珍妮,你看起来很疲惫。
B: Well, today was a busy day in my office.
是啊,今天在办公室是很累的一天。
One boy hurt himself in P. E. class.
一个男孩上体育课的时候受伤了。
A: What happened
发生什么事情了?
B: He was running under the hot sun and then he felt sick and fell down.
他在烈日下跑步,然后他感觉不舒服,摔倒了。
A: Yes, the weather is very hot today.
是啊,今天天气很热。
B: He cut his knee, so I washed the cut and put some medicine on it.
他伤到了膝盖,我帮他清洗伤口,上了点药。
Then I put a bandage on it.
然后我帮他系好绷带。
A: Was the cut serious
伤得严重吗?
B: Not really, but I also took his temperature.
不太严重,但是我还是给他测了体温。
Luckily he didn't have a fever.
幸运的是,他没有发热。
I told him he should rest.
我告诉他应该多休息。
A: What else happened
还有别的事情发生吗?
B: One girl had a nosebleed.
一个女孩流鼻血了。
I told her to put her head back to stop the blood.
我告诉她把头仰起来来阻止流血。
Oh, and another boy got hit on the head with a baseball bat.
哦,另外的一个男孩,被棒球棒击到了头部。
A: That sounds bad.
听起来很糟糕。
I hope he's OK...
希望他没事……
B: I hope so, too.
我也希望如此。
He was taken to the hospital to get an X-ray.
他被送去医院照X片了。
2b
He Lost His Arm But Is Still Climbing
他失去了手臂但还在爬山
Aron Ralston is an American man who is interested in mountain climbing.
阿伦 罗尔斯顿是一个对爬山感兴趣的美国人。
As a mountain climber, Aron is used to taking risks.
作为一名登山者,阿伦习惯于冒险。
This is one of the exciting things about doing dangerous sports.
这是关于做危险运动的令人兴奋的事情之一。
There were many times when Aron almost lost his life because of accidents.
有许多次,阿伦因为(意外)事故几乎失去生命。
On April 26, 2003, he found himself in a very dangerous situation when climbing in Utah.
在2003年4月26日,在尤他州登山时他发现自己在非常危险的处境。
On that day, Aron's arm was caught under a 360-kilo rock that fell on him when he was climbing by himself in the mountains.
在那天,当阿伦独自登山时,她的手臂被压在落在他身上的一块2000千克的岩石下。
Because he could not free his arm, he stayed there for five days and hoped that someone would find him.
因为他的手臂不能自由活动,在他那儿待了五天,希望有人会发现他。
But when his water ran out, he knew that he would have to do something to save his own life.
但当他的水喝完了,他知道他将不得不采取措施来挽救自己的生命了。
He was not ready to die that day.
他不愿那天就死去。
So he used his knife to cut off half his right arm.
因此他用刀子切除了他的一半右臂。
Then, with his left arm, he bandaged himself so that he would not lose too much blood.
然后,他用左臂给自己打上绷带以致于他不会失去太多的血。
After that, he climbed down the mountain to find help.
这之后,他爬下山去寻求帮助。
After losing his arm, he wrote a book called Between a Rock and a Hard Place.
在他失去手臂之后,他写了一本名为生死抉择(又译作生死两难)的书。
This means being in a difficult situation that you cannot seem to get out of.
他的意思是“处于一个你似乎无法摆脱的困境之中”。
In this book, Aron tells of the importance of making good decisions, and of being in control of one's life.
在这本书中,阿伦讲述了关于做出明智抉择和掌握自己生命的重要性。
His love for mountain climbing is so great that he kept on climbing mountains even after this experience.
他对登山如此酷爱以致于即使这次经历之后他还继续爬山。
Do we have the same spirit as Aron
我们有和阿伦一样的勇气吗?
Let's think about it before we find ourselves "between a rock and a hard place",
在我们发现自己处于进退两难的处境之前,
and before we have to make a decision that could mean life or death.
以及在我们不得不做出生死抉择之前,让我们来想想它。
Unit 2 I'll help to clean up the city parks.
Section A
1a
A: I hope to work outside.
A: 我希望能去外面工作。
B: You could help to clean up the city parks.
B: 你应该去帮忙清洁城市公园。
1b
Conversation 1
对话一
A: I hope to work outside.
A: 我希望能去外面工作。
B: You could help to clean up the city parks.
B: 你应该去帮忙清洁城市公园。
Conversation 2
对话二
A: I'd like to help homeless people.
A: 我想要帮助无家可归的人们。
B: You could give out food at the food bank to help feed them.
B: 你可以向食物银行捐赠食物,来养活他们。
Conversation 3
对话三
A: I want to cheer up sick kids.
A: 我想要鼓舞那些生病的孩子。
B: You could ask hospitals to let you visit the kids.
B: 你可以要求医院允许你去看望那些孩子们。
Conversation 4
对话四
A: I'd like to help kids with their schoolwork.
A: 我愿意帮助孩子们做作业。
B: You could volunteer in an after-school study program to teach kids.
B: 你可以志愿加入课后学习组织来教孩子们。
2a&2b
A: Now we need to come up with a plan to tell people about the city park clean-up.
A: 现在我们需要制定一个计划,来向人们讲解城市公园清洁的问题。
B: Yeah, but I'm hungry, Bob.
B: 是的,但是我饿了,鲍勃。
Let's have lunch first.
我们先去吃午饭吧。
C:No, we need to start now. Clean-up Day is only two weeks from now.
C:不,我们需要现在就开始。清洁日只还有两周时间了。
A:You're right, Sally.
A:你说得对,萨莉。
We can't put off making a plan.
我们不能推迟制定计划。
As we talk, I'll write down all our ideas.
正如我们所说的,我们要写出我们所有的主意。
Then we can decide which ideas are best.
然后我们才能决定哪个主意是最好的。
B: Um... well... we could put up signs.
B: 嗯……好吧……我们可以放置标记。
A: That's a good idea!
A: 好主意!
C: Let's make some notices, too.
C: 我们也做一些通知牌。
Then I'll hand them out after school.
然后放学后再把他们带出来。
A:OK. Great!
A:好的,好极了!
And we could each call up 10 students and ask them to come.
我们每个人可以给10个学生打电话,请他们过来。
D: Hey, we're coming up with a lot of good ideas, aren't we
D: 嘿,我们已经想出了许多好主意了,不是吗?
2d
Helen: Hi, Tom.
海伦: 嗨,汤姆。
I'm making some plans to work in an old people's home this summer.
我正在制订今年夏天在养老院工作的一些计划。
Tom: Really I did that last summer!
汤姆: 真的吗?我去年夏天在那儿工作了!
Helen: Oh, what did they ask you to help out with
海伦: 哦,他们请你帮助做什么了?
Tom: Mm... things like reading the newspaper to the old people, or just talking to them.
汤姆:嗯…像给老人们读报,或者只是与他们聊天这样的事。
They told me stories about the past and how things used to be.
他们给我讲过去的生活经历,讲过去是什么样子的。
Helen: That sounds interesting.
海伦: 那听起来很有趣。
Tom: Yeah, a lot of old people are lonely.
汤姆: 是呀。许多的老人都很孤独。
We should listen to them and care for them.
我们应该听他们说话并且照顾他们。
Helen: You're right. I mean, we're all going to be old one day, too.
海伦: 对呀。我的意思是有一天我们也会老的。
3a
Students Who Volunteer
志愿服务的学生
Mario Green and Mary Brown from Riverside High School give up several hours each week to help others.
来自河畔中学的马里奥 格林和玛丽 布朗,每周用几个小时去帮助别人。
Mario loves animals and wants to be an animal doctor.
马里奥喜欢动物,他想成为一名动物医生。
He volunteers at an animal hospital every Saturday morning.
他每个周六上午志愿在一家动物医院工作。
Mario believes it can help him to get his future dream job.
马里奥相信这能帮助他在将来找到理想的工作。
"It's hard work," he says, "but I want to learn more about how to care for animals.
这是艰苦的工作”,他说,“但是我们想学习更多关于如何照顾动物知识。
I get such a strong feeling of satisfaction when I see the animals get better and the look of joy on their owners' faces."
当我看到动物们(病情)渐好,看到它们的主人脸上的喜悦时,我产生出那么一种极强的满足感来。”
Mary is a book lover.
玛丽是一名书籍爱好者。
She could read by herself at the age of four.
她四岁时就能独自看书了。
Last year, she decided to try out for a volunteer after-school reading program.
去年,她决定参加一个课外阅读活动小组的志愿者选拔。
She still works there once a week to help kids learn to read.
她每周仍然在那儿工作一次去帮助孩子们学习阅读。
"The kids are sitting in the library, but you can see in their eyes that they're going on a different journey with each new book.
“这些孩子坐在图书馆里,但是你能从他们的眼中看到他们正在进行的每一本不同的新书之旅。
Volunteering here is a dream come true for me.
在这里当志愿者对于我来说是梦想成真。
I can do what I love to do and help others at the same time."
我可以做我喜欢做的事情,同时也能帮助别人。”
Section B
1c&1d
A: This morning I'm talking with a very wonderful young man, Jimmy the Bike Boy.
A: 今天早晨我们要与一位优秀的单车男孩对话,吉米。
Good morning, Jimmy.
早上好,吉米。
B: Good morning.
B: 早上好。
A: So, Jimmy, tell our listeners what you do.
A: 吉米,告诉我们的听众你是做什么的。
B: Well, I find or buy old bikes that nobody wants.
B: 嗯,我是寻找并购买那些没人要的旧自行车。
Then I fix up the bikes and give them away to kids who don't have enough money to buy their own bikes.
然后我把它们修好,并送给那些没有足够钱去买他们需要的自行车的孩子们。
A: That's fantastic. What gave you the idea
A: 听起来很有趣。是什么给了你这样的想法呢?
B: I guess I take after my father.
B: 我觉得我是遗传了我父亲。
He loves to help people.
他喜欢帮助别人。
He always volunteers to help people in need.
他经常志愿去帮助需要帮助的人们。
A: Wow! Your parents must be proud of you.
A: 哇!你的父母一定会为你骄傲的。
B: I guess so.
B: 我想也是。
But now I've run out of money, so I can't buy any more old bikes.
但是我现在钱都花光了,所以我没法再买旧自行车了。
A: Oh, that's too bad.
A: 哦,这很糟糕。
B: Yeah. I need to come up with some way of getting money or I'll have to stop.
B: 是的。我需要想办法弄到钱,否则我将不得不放弃了。
2b
Dear Miss Li,
亲爱的李小姐,
I'd like to thank you for giving money to Animal Helpers.
我想感谢你给“动物帮手”捐款。
I'm sure you know that this group was set up to help disabled people like me.
我确信你知道这个组织建立起来是为了帮助像我这样的残疾人的。
You helped to make it possible for me to have Lucky.
有了你的帮助,我才有可能拥有“幸运”。
Lucky makes a big difference to my life.
“幸运”对我的生活产生很大的影响。
Let me tell you my story.
让我来告诉你我的故事。
What would it be like to be blind or deaf
又瞎又聋的人会是怎么样呢?
Or imagine you can't walk or use your hands easily.
或者想象一下你不能行走或自如地运用你的手。
Most people would never think about this, but many people have these difficulties.
大多数人从没考虑过这一点,但是许多人有这样的困难。
I can't use my arms or legs well,
我不能自如地使用自己的胳膊和腿,
so normal things like answering the telephone, opening and closing doors, or carrying things are difficult for me.
因此,一些像接电话,开关门,搬东西这些平常的事对我来说都很困难。
Then one day last year, a friend of mine helped me out.
后来,去年的一天,我的一位朋友帮我摆脱困境。
She talked to Animal Helpers about getting me a special trained dog.
她与“动物帮手”组织联系,试图给我找一只经过特殊训练的狗。
She also thought a dog might cheer me up.
她也认为一只狗可能会使我振作起来。
I love animals and I was excited about the idea of having a dog.
我喜爱动物,并且我对得到一只狗的主意感到很兴奋。
After six months of training with a dog at Animal Helpers, I was able to bring him home.
在“动物帮手”那里,我与一只狗在一起经过六个月的训练之后,我能够把它带回家了。
My dog's name is Lucky — a good name for him because I feel very lucky to have him.
我的狗的名字叫“幸运”——对他来说是一个很好的名字,因为我觉得拥有了它真的很幸运。
You see, I'm only able to have a "dog helper" because of your kindness!
你看,正是因为你的仁慈,我才能有一只“导盲犬”!
Lucky is very clever and understands many English words.
“幸运”很聪明,能听懂许多的英语单词。
He can understand me when I give him orders.
当我给他下命令时,他能听懂我说的话。
For example, I say, "Lucky! Get my book," and he does it at once.
例如,我说“‘幸运儿’,把我的书拿来”,他会马上做到。
Lucky is a fantastic dog.
“幸运”是一只神奇的狗。
I'll send you a photo of him if you like, and I could show you how he helps me.
如果你喜欢,我寄一张它的照片给你吧,以后我会让你看看它是如何帮助我的。
Thank you again for changing my life.
再次感谢你改变了我的生活。
Best wishes,
最美好的祝福。
Ben Smith
本·斯密斯
Unit 3 Could you please clean your room
Section A
1b
A: Peter, we need to clean the house.
彼得,我们要打扫房间了。
Your grandma is coming over at seven.
你奶奶七点以后要过来了。
B: Sure, but I need to do my homework first.
当然,但是我先要把我的作业做完。
A: OK. Then after you finish your homework, let's clean up the kitchen.
好吧。等你完成作业,我们来清洁厨房。
I can do the dishes and sweep the floor.
我来收拾碗碟,扫地。
Could you please take out the rubbish
你能把垃圾扔出去吗?
B: Sure, Mom.
当然可以,妈妈。
A: Good. And could you please make your bed and fold your clothes
好的。你能整理你的床铺,叠好你的衣服吗?
B: All right.
好的。
A: And let's see... I have to clean the living room before your grandma arrives.
我看看……我必须在你奶奶来之前打扫客厅。
2a & 2b
A: Hey, Dad
嘿,爸爸?
B: Yes
怎么了?
A: Could I go out for dinner with my friends tonight
我今天能出去和我的朋友们参加晚宴吗?
B: Sure, that should be OK.
当然了,可以的。
A: Could I go to the movies after that
然后我能去看电影吗?
My friends said the new action movie is really good.
我朋友说新出的动作片很好看。
B: I guess so. But don't stay out late.
我想可以吧。但是不要太晚。
A: Could I stay out until eleven
我能在外面玩到11点钟吗?
We might get something to drink after the movie.
我们可能看完电影再去喝点东西。
B: No, you can't. You have a basketball game tomorrow, remember
不,你不可以。你明天还有篮球比赛,记得吗?
You need to have a good rest.
你需要好好休息。
A: Oh, yeah. Well, could you give me a ride to town now
哦,对。好的,你能给我辆自行车去城里吗?
If I take the bus, I'll be late.
如果我坐公共汽车,我会回来晚的。
B: I can't, Peter. I have to do some work now.
我不能,彼得。我现在要工作了。
A: Oh, OK. No problem. I'll call Alan.
哦,好吧。没问题。我给艾伦打电话。
Maybe his dad can give me a ride.
也许他爸爸可以借给我。
2d
Sister: Tony, could you please help out with a few things
姐姐:托尼,你可以帮着做几件事吗?
Brother: Could I at least finish watching this show
弟弟:我至少看完这个节目行吗?
Sister: No. I think two hours of TV is enough for you!
姐姐:不行。我认为两个小时的电视对你来说足够了!
Brother: Fine. What do you want me to do
弟弟:好的。你要我做什么?
Sister: Could you take out the rubbish, fold the clothes and do the dishes
姐姐:你倒垃圾、叠衣服和洗餐具好吗?
Brother: So much
弟弟:那么多?
Sister: Yes, because Mom will be back from shopping any minute now.
姐姐:是的,因为妈妈随时都会买完东西回来。
And she won't be happy if she sees this mess.
如果她看到这样不整洁,她会不高兴的。
Brother: But the house is already pretty clean and tidy!
弟弟:但这房子已经相当干净和整洁了!
Sister: Yes, well, it's clean, but it's not "mother clean"!
姐姐:是的,它是干净的,但是它不是“妈妈(要求的)干净!
3a
Last month, our dog welcomed me when I came home from school.
上个月,当我放学回到家时,我们的狗迎接我。
He wanted a walk, but I was too tired.
他想要散步,但我太累了。
I threw down my bag and went to the living room.
我扔下我的书包就就去起居室了。
The minute I sat down in front of the TV, my mom came over.
我刚在电视机前坐下,我妈妈就过来了。
"Could you please take the dog for a walk " she asked.
你把狗带出去溜溜好吗?”她问。
"Could I watch one show first " I asked.
“我能先看个节目吗?”我问。
"No!" she replied angrily. "You watch TV all the time and never help out around the house!
“不行!”他生气地道。“你总是看电视,在家里从不帮忙!
I can't work all day and do housework all evening."
我不能整天工作,整晚还做家务活。”
"Well, I work all day at school, too!
“奥,我在学校也是整天学习!
I'm just as tired as you are!" I shouted back.
我和你一样累!”我大喊回应道。
My mom did not say anything and walked away.
我妈妈没说什么就走了。
For one week, she did not do any housework and neither did I.
一个星期,她没做家务活,我也没做。
Finally, I could not find a clean dish or a clean shirt.
最后,我找不到一个干净的盘子,也找不到一件干净的衬衫。
The next day, my mom came home from work to find the house clean and tidy.
接下来第二天,我妈妈下班回家发现房子既干净又整洁。
"What happened " she asked in surprise.
“发生了什么事?”他惊讶的问。
"I'm so sorry, Mom.
“对不起,妈妈。
I finally understand that we need to share the housework to have a clean and comfortable home," I replied.
我终于懂得,我们需要分担家务活来拥有一个干净而舒适的家,”我答道。
Section B
1c & 1d
A: Could I invite my friends to a party on Saturday, Mom
妈妈,周六我能邀请朋友们来参加聚会吗?
B: Of course! That sounds like fun.
当然可以。听起来很有趣。
A: Yeah. Urn... could I borrow some money
是的。额……我能借点钱吗?
B: What for
干嘛用?
A: I need to buy some drinks and snacks.
我需要买一些饮料和零食。
Could I go to the store
我能去商店吗?
B: Well, I'm going tomorrow, and I can buy some drinks and snacks for you.
好的,我明天去,我会给你们买一些饮料和零食的。
A: Oh, good. Thanks, Mom.
哦,太好了。谢谢你,妈妈。
B: You're welcome. Oh, could you clean your room
不用客气。哦,你能整理一下你的房间吗?
A: I cleaned it last week.
我上周打扫过了。
B: You need to dean it again for your party.
为了你的聚会,你应该再打扫一遍。
A: OK. At the party, could I use your CD player
好的。聚会上,我能用用你的CD播放器吗?
B: Yes, if you're careful with it.
是的,如果你能小心点对它。
A: Don't worry, Mom!
别担心,妈妈!
B: Now, there are a few other things I want you to do before the party.
现在,在你聚会之前,我还有一点想让你做的事情。
Could you please move the big chairs to the bedroom and clean the living room
你能把这个大椅子搬到卧室去,并打扫客厅吗?
A: Sure. Dave is coming early on Saturday, so he can help me.
当然可以。戴夫周六会早来,他会帮我的。
2b
Dear Sir,
亲爱的先生:
I do not understand why some parents make their kids help with housework and chores at home.
我不理解为什么一些父母亲让他们的孩子在家里帮着做家务活和杂务。
Kids these days already have enough stress from school.
如今,孩子们已经有来自学校足够的压力了。
They do not have time to study and do housework, too.
他们也没有时间去学习和做家务活。
Housework is a waste of their time.
家务活浪费他们的时间。
Could we just let them do their job as students
我们只让他们做学生分内的事好吗?
They should spend their time on schoolwork in order to get good grades and get into a good university.
为了取得好成绩,进入一所好的大学,他们应该把时间花在学业上。
Also, when they get older, they will have to do housework so there is no need for them to do it now.
当他们长大的时候,他们也将不得不做家务活,
It is the parents' job to provide a clean and comfortable environment at home for their children.
因此,他们现在没有必要做家务,给孩子们在家里提供一个干净而又舒适的环境是父母亲的责任。
And anyway, I think doing chores is not so difficult.
而且我认为做杂务不是那么的难。
I do not mind doing them.
我不介意做。
Ms. Miller
史密斯先生
Dear Sir,
亲爱的先生:
I think it is important for children to learn how to do chores and help their parents with housework.
我认为孩子们学会怎样做杂务和帮助父母做家务活是重要的。
It is not enough to just get good grades at school.
只是在学校取的好成绩是不够的。
Children these days depend on their parents too much.
如今孩子们依赖父母亲太多。
They are always asking, "Could you get this for me " or "Could you help me with that "
他们总是问:“你给我买这个好吗?”或者“你能帮我做那件事吗?”
Doing chores helps to develop children's independence and teaches them how to look after themselves.
做杂务可以帮助培养孩子们的独立和教会他们怎样去照顾自己。
It also helps them to understand the idea of fairness.
它也帮助他们理解公正性的想法。
Since they live in one house with their parents, they should know that everyone should do their part in keeping it clean and tidy.
自他们与父母亲一起住在一所房子里以来,他们就知道每个人应当知道每个人应当做他们的一部分来保持房子干净和整洁。
Our neighbors' son got into a good college but during his first year,
我们邻居的儿子上了一所好大学。但在第一年,
he had no idea how to take care of himself.
他不知道怎样去照顾自己。
As a result, he often fell ill and his grades dropped.
结果,她经常生病,成绩下降。
The earlier kids learn to be independent, the better it is for their future.
孩子们越早学会独立,对他们的未来就越好。
Mr. Smith
米勒女士
Unit 4 Why don't you talk to your parents
Section A
1b
A: You look really tired. What's the matter
A: 你看起来好像很累。怎么了?
B: I studied until midnight last night so I didn't get enough sleep.
B: 昨天晚上我学习到半夜,所以我没睡够。
A: Why don't you go to sleep earlier tonight
A: 为什么今晚不早点睡呢?
B: You can start studying earlier.
B: 你可以早点开始学习。
A: But I have two after-school classes today.
A: 但是我今天有两节课后班。
So I can only start studying after dinner.
但是我今天有两节课后班。
B: Maybe you should tell your parents that you can't do so many things.
B: 也许你应该告诉你的父母,你不能做太多工作。
A: I did, but they think it's important that I take more after-school classes.
A: 我知道,但是他们认为上更多的课后班很重要。
B: Well, they probably want you to get into a good senior high school.
B: 他们可能是希望你能上一所好的高中。
A: Yes, I guess that's the reason.
A: 是的,我觉得也是这个原因。
B: You should talk to them again.
B: 你应该再和他们交流一次。
Explain to them that you need to get enough sleep to stay healthy.
告诉他们你需要足够的睡眠来保证身体健康。
A: That's a good idea.
A: 真是个好主意。
OK, I'll try to talk to them again.
好的,我会再和他们沟通一下。
2a&2b
A: Hey, Peter, what's wrong
A: 嘿,彼得,你怎么了?
B: I had a fight with my best friend.
B: 我和我最好的朋友打架了。
What should I do
我该怎么办?
A: Well, you could write him a letter.
A: 哦,你应该给他写封信。
B: I don't think so, although it's a good idea.
B: 我不这样认为,虽然这是一个好主意。
I'm just not very good at writing letters.
我很不擅长写信。
A: Maybe you should call him up.
A: 也许你可以给他打电话。
B: No, I don't want to talk about it on the phone.
B: 不,我不想在电话里谈这事。
A: But you really should talk to him so that you can say you're sorry.
A: 但是你确实应该和他谈谈以便对他说对不起。
B: Yes, I know I should, but it's not easy.
B: 是的,我知道我应该那样做,但是这不容易办到。
A: Maybe you could go to his house.
A: 也许你可以去他家。
B: I guess I could, but I don't want to surprise him.
我觉得可以,但是我不想让他感到惊讶。
A: Hey, I know. You could take him to the ball game.
A: 嘿,我知道了。你可以带他去看球赛。
B: But the ball game is next week.
B: 但是球赛是在下周。
I don't want to wait until then to talk to him.
我不想等到下周再和他说。
2d
Dave: You look sad, Kim. What's wrong
戴夫:金,你看上去很难过。怎么了?
Kim: Well, I found my sister looking through my things yesterday.
金:哦,昨天我发现我的妹妹在翻阅我的东西。
She took some of my new magazines and CDs.
她拿了我几本新杂志和几张光盘。
Dave: Hmm... that's not very nice.
戴夫:嗯……那不是很好。
Did she give them back to you
她把它们还给你了吗?
Kim: Yes, but I'm still angry with her.
金:是的,但我还是生她的气。
What should I do
我该怎么办?
Dave: Well, I guess you could tell her to say sorry.
戴夫:哦,我猜你可以叫她说声抱歉。
But why don't you forget about it so that you can be friends again
但你为什么不忘掉这件事以便你们能再做朋友呢?
Although she's wrong, it's not a big deal.
尽管她不对,但它不是什么大不了的事。
Kim: You're right. Thanks for your advice.
金:你说的对。谢谢你的建议。
Dave: No problem. Hope things work out.
戴夫:没事。希望事情会好起来。
3a
Dear Mr. Hunt,
亲爱的亨特先生:
My problem is that I can't get on with my family.
我的问题是我不能和我的家人和睦相处。
Relations between my parents have become difficult.
我父母之间的关系已经变得不易相处。
They fight a lot, and I really don't like it.
他们经常吵架,我真的不喜欢这样。
It's the only communication they have.
而这是他们拥有的唯一沟通(方式)。
I don't know if I should say anything to them about this.
我不知道我是否应该就这件事对他们说点什么。
When they argue, it's like a big, black cloud hanging over our home.
当他们争吵的时候,就像一大块乌云悬在我们家的上方。
Also, my elder brother is not very nice to me.
而且我哥哥对我也不是很好。
He always refuses to let me watch my favorite TV show.
他总是拒绝让我看喜欢的电视节目。
Instead he watches whatever he wants until late at night.
相反,晚上无论他想看什么就看到很晚。
I don't think this is fair.
我认为这不公平。
At home I always feel lonely and nervous.
在家里我总是觉得孤独和焦虑。
Is that normal
这正常吗?
What can I do
我能做什么?
Sad and Thirteen
伤心13
Dear Sad and Thirteen,
亲爱的伤心13:
It's not easy being your age, and it's normal to have these feelings.
在你这个年龄是不容易的,有这些感受是正常的。
Why don't you talk about these feelings with your family
你为什么不和你的家人谈谈这些感受呢?
If your parents are having problems, you should offer to help.
如果你的父母正遇到问题,你应该主动提出帮助。
Maybe you could do more jobs around the house so that they have more time for proper communication.
或许你可以在家里做更多的事情以便他们有更多时间进行适当的交流。
Secondly, why don't you sit down and communicate with your brother
其次,你为什么不坐下来和你的哥哥沟通呢?
You should explain that you don't mind him watching TV all the time.
你应该说明你不介意他总是看电视。
However, he should let you watch your favorite show.
但是,他应当让你看你喜欢的节目。
I hope things will be better for you soon.
我希望今后你会自己觉得好些。
Robert Hunt
罗伯特·亨特
Section B
1c&1d
Wei Ming: Alice, help me!
魏明:爱丽丝,帮帮我!
My parents are giving me too much pressure about school!
我爸妈给了我太多的学习压力!
Alice: Hey, Wei Ming.
爱丽丝:嘿,魏明。
Although you may be unhappy with your parents, you should talk to them.
虽然你可能对你的父母不满,你应该和他们沟通一下。
Ask them why they give you so much pressure.
问问他们为什么要给你那么多的压力。
Wei Ming: It's because they want me to get good grades.
魏明:那是因为他们想让我进入好的班级。
Alice: But life shouldn't just be about grades.
爱丽丝:但是生活不应该仅仅是为了好的班级。
Free time activities like sports and hanging out with friends are important, too.
自由的活动,比如运动,和朋友出去玩,也很重要。
Wei Ming: I totally agree.
魏明:我完全同意。
I need more free time to do activities I enjoy.
我需要更多的自由时间做我喜欢的活动。
This can help me relax and be healthier.
这样可以帮助我放松并更健康。
Alice: Yes, you won't get good grades if you're stressed out all the time.
爱丽丝:是的,如果你总是压力很大,你不会考上好的年级的。
Wei Ming: I also keep worrying about getting better grades than my classmates.
魏明:我还担心我的同学们比我上好的年级 。
Alice: Oh, you shouldn't compete with your classmates to get better grades.
爱丽丝:哦,你不能和你的同学们竞争上好的年级。
You should all be helping each other to improve.
你们应该互相帮助争取进步。
Wei Ming: You're right. Thanks for all the good advice, Alice.
魏明:你说得对。谢谢你的好建议,爱丽丝。
2b
Maybe You Should Learn to Relax!
或许你应该学会放松!
These days, Chinese children are sometimes busier on weekends than weekdays because they have to take so many after-school classes.
如今,中国孩子有时在周末比工作日还要忙,因为他们不得不上那么多的课外补习课。
Many of them are learning exam skills so that they can get into a good high school and later a good university.
他们中的许多人在学习考试技巧,以便他们能进入一所好的高中,随后上一所好大学。
Others are practicing sports so that they can compete and win.
其他人在训练体育,以便他们比赛获胜。
However, this doesn't only happen in China.
然而,这不仅仅发生在中国。
The Taylors are a typical American family.
泰勒一家是一个典型的美国家庭。
Life for Cathy Taylor's three children is very busy.
对于凯茜·泰勒的三个孩子来说,生活忙碌的。
"On most days after school, " Cathy says, "I take one of my two boys to basketball practice and my daughter to football training.
“在大多数日子的放学后”,凯茜说:“我送我的两个孩子男孩子中的一个去进行篮球练习,送我的女儿去进行足球训练。
Then I have to take my other son to piano lessons.
然后我得送我的另一个儿子去上钢琴课。
Maybe I could cut out a few of their activities, but I believe these activities are important for my children's future.
或许我可以舍弃(放弃)他们的几个活动,但是我相信这些活动对我孩子们将来是重要的。
I really want them to be successful.
我真想要他们成功。”
" However, the tired children don't get home until after 7: 00 p. m.
然而,疲惫的孩子们直到晚上7点才到家。
They have a quick dinner, and then it's time for homework.
他们匆忙地吃晚饭,接着就该做家庭作业了。
Linda Miller, a mother of three, knows all about such stress.
琳达·米勒,三个孩子的母亲,清楚所有这样的压力。
"In some families, competition starts very young and continues until the kids get older, "she says.
“在一些家庭,在孩子很小的时候竞争就开始了,并且持续到孩子长大”,他说道。
"Mothers send their small kids to all kinds of classes.
“母亲们送他们的孩子们上各种各样的(学习)班。
And they are always comparing them with other children.
他们总是把他们和别的孩子对比。
It's crazy. I don't think that's fair.
这是不理智的。我认为那是不公平的。
Why don't they just let their kids be kids
为什么他们不让他们的孩子成为孩子呢?
People shouldn't push their kids so hard."
人们不应该把孩子逼得那么紧。”
Doctors say too much pressure is not good for a child's development.
医生们说的太多压力对一个孩子的发育不好。
Dr. Alice Green says all these activities can cause a lot of stress for children.
艾丽斯·格林医生说所有这些活动会对孩子们造成许多压力。
" Kids should have time to relax and think for themselves, too.
“孩子们也应该有时间去放松和为他们自己去思考。
Although it's normal to want successful children, it's even more important to have happy children. "
尽管想要成功的孩子是正常的,但是拥有快乐的孩子甚至更为重要。”
Unit 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came
Section A
1b
The weather is beautiful today!
今天天气很好!
But yesterday's rainstorm was the heaviest one so far this year.
但是昨天的暴雨是今年目前为止最为严重的。
So, what were people doing yesterday at the time of the rainstorm
所以,昨天暴雨的时候人们都在做什么。
I was at home doing my homework.
我正在家做作业。
But I could hear the heavy rain against my bedroom window.
但是我能从我的卧室窗户听到雨很大。
I was reading at the library after school.
放学后我正在图书馆读书。
I'm so glad I didn't decide to play basketball!
我很高兴我没有去打篮球。
I was waiting for the bus after work.
下班后我正在等公交车。
Then the rain suddenly started and I got all wet.
然后暴雨突然就开始了,我全都淋湿了。
I was walking home from the supermarket.
我正在从超市步行往家走。
Luckily, I had an umbrella, but I still got wet!
幸运的是,我带伞了,但是仍然淋湿了。
Looks like many people were caught in the rain yesterday.
看起来昨天许多人都陷入了大雨之中。
Many took hours to get home...
许多人用了好几个小时才到家……
2a & 2b
The weather is beautiful today!
今天天气很好!
But yesterday's rainstorm was the heaviest one so far this year.
但是昨天的暴雨是今年目前为止最为严重的。
So, what were people doing yesterday at the time of the rainstorm
所以,昨天暴雨的时候人们都在做什么。
I was at home doing my homework.
我正在家做作业。
But I could hear the heavy rain against my bedroom window.
但是我能从我的卧室窗户听到雨很大。
I was reading at the library after school.
放学后我正在图书馆读书。
I'm so glad I didn't decide to play basketball!
我很高兴我没有去打篮球。
I was waiting for the bus after work.
下班后我正在等公交车。
Then the rain suddenly started and I got all wet.
然后暴雨突然就开始了,我全都淋湿了。
I was walking home from the supermarket.
我正在从超市步行往家走。
Luckily, I had an umbrella, but I still got wet!
幸运的是,我带伞了,但是仍然淋湿了。
Looks like many people were caught in the rain yesterday.
看起来昨天许多人都陷入了大雨之中。
Many took hours to get home...
许多人用了好几个小时才到家……
2d
Mary: What were you doing last night, Linda
玛丽:琳达,昨晚你在做什么?
I called at seven and you didn't pick up.
我7点打电话,你没有接。
Linda: Oh, I was in the kitchen helping my mom.
琳达:哦,我在厨房帮我妈妈。
Mary: I see. I called again at eight and you didn't answer then either.
玛丽:我明白了。我8点钟又打电话,你那时也没接。
Linda: What was I doing at eight
琳达:8点中我在做什么呢?
Oh, I know.
哦,我知道了。
When you called, I was taking a shower.
当你打电话时,我在洗澡。
Mary: But then I called again at nine.
玛丽:但接着我在9点钟又打电话。
Linda: Oh, I was sleeping at that time.
琳达:哦,那个时间我在睡觉。
Mary: So early That's strange.
玛丽:那么早?那很奇怪。
Linda: Yeah, I was tired. Why did you call so many times
琳达:是的,我累了。你为什么打那么多次电话呢?
Mary: I needed help with my homework.
玛丽:我需要帮助来完成我的作业。
So while you were sleeping, I called Jenny and she helped me.
因此在你睡觉的时候,我打电话给珍妮,她帮了我。
3a
The Storm Brought People Closer Together
这场暴风雨使人们关系更亲近了
Ben could hear strong winds outside his home in Alabama.
在阿拉巴马州,本能听到他家外面的大风。
Black clouds were making the sky very dark.
乌云使天空变得很暗。
With no light outside, it felt like midnight.
外面没有光亮,感觉像是半夜。
The news on TV reported that a heavy rainstorm was in the area.
电视新闻报道了一场特大暴雨发生在这一地区。
Everyone in the neighborhood was busy.
街区里每个人都在忙。
Ben's dad was putting pieces of wood over the windows while his mom was making sure the flashlights and radio were working.
本的爸爸正在把几块木板放在窗户上,而他妈妈则确认手电筒和收音机都能正常使用。
She also put some candles and matches on the table.
她也把一些蜡烛和火柴放在桌上。
Ben was helping his mom make dinner when the rain began to beat heavily against the windows.
当雨开始对窗户猛烈地敲打时,本在帮助妈妈做晚饭。
After dinner, they tried to play a card game, but it was hard to have fun with a serious storm happening outside.
晚饭后,他们没法玩纸牌游戏,但外面正下着严重的暴风雨,想玩的开心是很难的。
Ben could not sleep at first.
起初本睡不着。
He finally fell asleep when the wind was dying down at around 3: 00 a. m.
当大约凌晨3点风在逐渐变弱时他终于睡着了。
When he woke up, the sun was rising.
当他醒来时,太阳正在升起。
He went outside with his family and found the neighborhood in a mess.
他和家人一起来到外面,发现街区凌乱不堪。
Fallen trees, broken windows and rubbish were everywhere.
吹倒的树、打破的窗户和垃圾随时可见。
They joined the neighbors to help clean up the neighborhood together.
他们加入到街坊邻居中去帮着一起打扫。
Although the storm broke many things apart, it brought families and neighbors closer together.
虽然这场暴风雨把许多东西拆散开了,但是它使许多家庭和邻居们关系更亲近了。
Section B
1b & 1c
A: Hey, Kate, why weren't you at the school basketball competition yesterday
嘿,凯特,为什么你昨天没去学校的篮球竞赛?
I called you so many times, but you didn't answer.
我打你电话好几遍,但是你没有接。
B: Sorry, John.
对不起,约翰。
I left my phone at home.
我把手机落家里了。
A: What were you doing at the time of the competition
比赛的时候你在做什么?
B: Well, I left my house late and when the competition started,
嗯,我从家出来晚了,当比赛开始的时候,
I was still making my way to school.
我还在去学校的路上。
A: Then what happened
然后发生什么了?
B: When I got to the bus stop, I realized that my bag was still at home!
当我到达车站的时候,我意识到我的书包忘在家里了。
A: But why didn't you just go home to get your bag
但是你为什么没有回家去拿包呢?
B: I did, but while I was running back home,
我做了,但是当我往家跑的时候,
I saw a dog by the side of the road and it was hurt.
我看到路边有一只狗,它受伤了。
A: Oh, so I'm sure you helped the dog.
哦,我非常确定你帮助了那只狗。
I know how much you love animals.
我知道你非常喜欢小动物。
B: Yes, I wanted to call the Animal Helpline,
是的,我想要拨打动物热线,
but I didn't have my phone so I had to wait for someone to walk by.
但是我没有带手机,所以我必须等待有人经过。
Then I used his phone to call the helpline.
然后我可以用他的手机拨打动物热线。
A: OK. No wonder you didn't make it to the competition.
好的。难怪你没去参加比赛。
B: Yes, I'm so sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on, but I'm happy that your team won!
是的,我非常抱歉没能在现场为你加油欢呼,但是我很高兴你们队赢了!
2b
Do You Remember What You Were Doing
你记得你在做什么吗?
People often remember what they were doing when they heard the news of important events in history.
人们经常记得当他们听到历史上重要事件的新闻时他们正在做什么。
In America, for example, many people remember what they were doing on April 4, 1968.
例如,在美国,许多人都记得在1968年4月4日他们在做什么。
This was an important event in American history.
这是美国历史上一次重大的事件。
On this day, Dr. Martin Luther King was killed.
在这一天,马丁 路德 金博士被杀害了。
Although some people may not remember who killed him, they remember what they were doing when they heard the news.
尽管一些人可能不记得是谁杀害了他,但他们记得当他们听到这个消息时他们在做什么。
Robert Allen is now over 50, but he was a school pupil at that time.
罗伯特 艾伦现在50多岁了,但那时他是一个学生。
"I was at home with my parents," Robert remembers.
“我和我的父母亲一起在家里”,罗伯特回忆说。
"We were eating dinner in the kitchen when we heard the news on the radio.
“当我们从广播中听到这个新闻时,我们正在厨房里吃饭晚饭。
The news reporter said, 'Dr. King died just 10 minutes ago'.
那个新闻记者说:‘金博士就在十分钟前去世了。’
My parents were completely shocked!
我的父亲十分震惊!”
My parents did not talk after that, and we finished the rest of our dinner in silence."
在那之后,我的父亲没有说话,我们默默的吃完了剩下的晚餐。
More recently, most Americans remember what they were doing when the World Trade Center in New York was taken down by terrorists.
更近一些,绝大多数美国人都记得当纽约世贸中心被恐怖分子撞毁时他们正在做什么。
Even the date—September 11, 2001—has meaning to most Americans.
甚至那个日期——2001年9月11日——对大多数美国人来说都有含义。
This was a day Kate Smith will never forget.
这是凯特 史密斯永远不会忘记的一天。
She remembers working in her office near the two towers.
她记得当时(自己)正在两座塔楼不远的办公室工作。
"My friend shouted that a plane just hit the World Trade Center!
“我的朋友大喊着一架飞机刚刚撞上了世贸楼!
I didn't believe him at first, but then I looked out the window and realized that it was true.
我开始不相信,但接着我往窗外看,意识到那是真的。
I was so scared that I could hardly think clearly after that."
我是那么害怕以至于我几乎不能清楚地想起那之后的事。”
Unit 6 An old man tried to move the mountains.
Section A
1b
Wang Ming: Hi, Anna.
王明:嗨,安娜。
In my Chinese class today, we read a famous story called Yu Gong Moves a Mountain.
今天语文课上,我们读了一个有趣的故事叫做愚公移山。
Anna: Oh, how does the story begin
安娜:哦,这个故事是怎样开始的?
Wang Ming: Well, once upon a time, there was a very old man.
王明:嗯,很久以前,有一个老人。
There were two mountains near his house.
他家附近有两座大山。
They were so high and big that it took a long time to walk to the other side.
大山又高又大,以至于去山的另一边要用很长的时间。
Anna: So what happened next
安娜:所以接下来发生了什么?
Wang Ming: Well, the old man told his family that they should all help him to move the mountains.
王明:嗯,这位老人告诉他的家人,都要帮他移山。
Anna: Mm, but an old man probably couldn't even move a small tree.
嗯,但是一个老人甚至可能都移动不了一课小树。
Wang Ming: Yes, that's what his wife said, too.
王明:是的,这也是他妻子说的。
Anna: And where would they put all the earth and stone from the mountains
安娜:而且他们要把山上的土和石头放到哪里呢?
Wang Ming: Yu Gong said they could put it into the sea because it's big enough to hold everything.
王明:愚公说他们可以把土石填进大海,因为大海足够容纳一切。
So they all started digging the next day.
所以第二天他们全都开始挖土了。
2a & 2b
Let me tell you the rest of the story about Yu Gong.
我来告诉你关于愚公的下面的故事。
Yu Gong and his family began to move some of the earth and stone to the sea.
愚公和他的家人开始把一部分山石填入大海。
One day, a man saw Yu Gong and his children when they were working on moving the mountains.
一天,当他们移山的时候,有一个人看到了愚公和他的孩子们。
He told Yu Gong that he could never do it because he was old and weak.
他告诉愚公,他绝不会成功,因为他已经老了,而且虚弱。
As soon as the man finished talking, Yu Gong said that his family could continue to move the mountains after he died.
当这个人说完之后,愚公说,等他死后,他的家人会继续移山。
His family would live and grow, but the mountains could not get bigger.
他的家人会不停壮大,但是山不会变大。
So Yu Gong and his family kept on digging day after day and year after year.
所以愚公和他的家人会日复一日,年复一年地移山。
Finally, a god was so moved by Yu Gong that he sent two gods to take the mountains away.
最后,神仙被愚公感动了,他派了两名神仙移走了两座大山。
This story reminds us that you can never know what's possible unless you try to make it happen.
这个故事告诉我们,如果你不去努力尝试,你永远不知道可能发生什么。
2d
Teacher: So what do you think about the story of Yu Gong
老师:你们觉得愚公移山的故事怎么样?
Wang Ming: I think it's really interesting.
王明:我认为他真的很有趣。
Yu Gong found a good way to solve his problem.
愚公找到一个解决问题的好方法。
Claudia: Really I think it's a little bit silly.
克劳迪娅:真的吗?我认为他有点笨。
It doesn't seem very possible to move a mountain.
移山似乎是不太可能的。
Wang Ming: But the story is trying to show us that anything is possible if you work hard!
王明:但这个故事试图告诉我们,如果你去努力,一切皆有可能!
Yu Gong kept trying and didn't give up.
愚公一直尝试,没有放弃。
Claudia: Well, I still don't agree with you.
克劳迪娅:我还是不赞同你的观点。
I think we should try to find other ways to solve a problem.
我认为我们应该尝试着去寻找一些其他的方法,来解决问题。
Wang Ming: But what could Yu Gong do instead of moving the mountains
王明:但是不把山移开,愚公还能做什么呢?
Claudia: Well, there are many other ways.
克劳迪娅:这个,有很多其他的方法。
For example, he could build a road.
例如,他可以建一条公路。
That's better and faster than moving a mountain!
那要比移山更好更快!
Teacher: You have different opinions about the story, and neither of you are wrong.
老师:对于这个故事,你们有不同的观点,并且你们两个人都是对的。
There are many sides to a story and many ways to understand it.
一个故事有许多面,也有许多种理解的方式。
3a
In November 1979, pupils in England were able to watch a new TV program called Monkey.
1979年11月,英国学生能够观看一部叫美猴王的新电视节目。
Most of them were hearing this story for the first time.
他们大多数是第一次听到这个故事。
However, this story is not new to Chinese children.
然而,这个故事对中国孩子来说并不新鲜。
The Monkey King or Sun Wukong is the main character in the traditional Chinese book Journey to the West.
美猴王或孙悟空是传统的中国书籍西游记主要人物。
The Monkey King is not just any normal monkey.
美猴王不仅仅是一只普通的猴子。
In fact, he sometimes does not even look like a monkey!
事实上,甚至有时他看起来不像一只猴子!
This is because he can make 72 changes to his shape and size, turning himself into different animals and objects.
这是因为他能根据他的形状和大小,做出72种变化,把自己变成不同的动物和物体。
But unless he can hide his tail, he cannot turn himself into a person.
但是,他不能把自己变成一个人除非他能隐藏他的尾巴。
To fight bad people, the Monkey King uses a magic stick.
为了与坏人斗争,孙悟空使用一根魔力金箍棒。
Sometimes he can make the stick so small that he can keep it in his ear.
有时他能让金箍棒变小,以致于可以放在耳朵里。
At other times, he is able to make it big and long.
有时,他能让它变得又大又长。
The Monkey King has excited the children of China for many years.
美猴王让中国的孩子兴奋了好多年。
And as soon as the TV program came out more than 30 years ago,
30多年前这个电视节目一推出,
Western children became interested in reading this story
西方的孩子对读这个故事很感兴趣,
because the clever Monkey King keeps fighting to help the weak and never gives up.
因为聪明的美猴王一直与邪恶斗争,帮助弱者,并从不放弃。
Section B
1b&1c
A: Tom, can you tell me a story from Europe
A: 汤姆,你能给我们讲一个欧洲的故事吗?
B: Well, I know one.
B: 嗯,我知道一个。
It's called The Emperor's New Clothes.
叫做皇帝的新装。
This story is about an emperor who loved clothes.
这个故事是关于一个喜欢新衣服的皇帝。
He loved buying and looking at his beautiful clothes.
他喜欢购买并观赏他的漂亮衣服。
A: So what happened
A: 所以发生了什么?
B: Two brothers came to the city to make special clothes for the emperor.
B: 两兄弟来到了这座城市,为皇帝制作特殊的衣服。
But the emperor had to give them silk and gold.
但是皇帝必须要给他们丝绸和黄金。
A: Were the clothes nice
A: 衣服漂亮吗?
B: Well, the brothers kept everything for themselves and told the emperor that people couldn't see the clothes unless they were clever.
嗯,这两兄弟为他们自己保留了一切,并且告诉皇帝只有聪明的人才能看见这衣服。
A: Oh, so they were really trying to cheat the emperor!
A: 哦,所以他们其实是在欺骗皇帝!
B: Yes, you are right.
B: 是的,你说对了。
When the emperor looked at himself, he only saw his underwear.
当皇帝看着他自己的时候,他只能看到内衣。
But he didn't want people to think he was stupid, so he said his new clothes were very beautiful.
但是他不愿意让人们以为他很愚蠢,所以他说他的新衣服非常漂亮。
A: Did he wear the new clothes
A: 他穿了这件新衣服了吗?
B: Yes, he did. He walked through the city wearing his new clothes.
B: 是的,他穿了。他穿着他的新衣服走过城市。
Nobody wanted to sound stupid, so everyone said his new clothes were wonderful.
没有人愿意被说愚蠢,所以大家都说他的新衣服很漂亮。
But suddenly, a young boy shouted, "Look! The emperor isn't wearing any clothes! "
但是,突然,一个小男孩大声喊:“快看!皇帝没有穿衣服!”
A: What a funny story!
A: 好有趣的故事啊!
2b
Hansel and Gretel
韩塞尔与葛雷特
Hansel and Gretel lived near a forest with their father and stepmother.
韩塞尔和葛雷特与他们的父亲和继母住在森林附近。
One year, the weather was so dry that no food would grow.
有一年,天气太干旱了,以至粮食(作物)无法生长。
The wife told her husband that unless he left the children to die in the forest, the whole family would die.
妻子告诉丈夫,如果他不把孩子们扔到森林里,让他们自生自灭,整个家庭就会灭亡。
Gretel heard this, and Hansel made a plan to save himself and his sister.
葛雷特听到了这件事,韩塞尔制定了一个计划,来拯救自己和他的妹妹。
SCENE ONE:
场景一:
Gretel: Did you hear our stepmother planning to kill us
葛雷特:你听到继母正计划着杀死我们吗?
Hansel: Don't worry! I have a plan to save us.
韩赛尔:不用担心!我有一个拯救我们的计划。
Gretel: How can you save us
葛雷特:你怎么拯救我们?
Hansel: Be quiet! I'm going outside to get something in the moonlight. Now, go to sleep.
韩赛尔:保持安静!我要到外面月光下捡个东西。现在,去睡觉。
SCENE TWO:
场景二:
Wife: Get up, lazy children!
妻子:起床了,懒惰的孩子!
Husband: Yes, dears. You must come with me to the forest to get wood.
丈夫:是的,亲爱的(孩子)们。你们必须和我一起去森林砍柴。
Wife: Here's some bread. Don't eat it until you get to the forest.
妻子:这儿有一些面包。到了森林后你们才能吃它。
SCENE THREE:
场景三:
Gretel: Hansel, what are you doing
葛雷特:韩塞尔,你正在做什么?
Hansel: I'm dropping white stones along the way.
韩赛尔:我正在沿路扔白色的石头。
Unless I do, we'll be lost.
除非我这样做,否则我们将会迷路的。
Tonight, when the moon is shining bright, we'll be able to see the stones.
今晚,当明月照耀时,我们就能看到这些石头。
SCENE FOUR:
场景四:
Wife: You bad children! What a long time you slept in the forest!
妻子:你们这些坏孩子!在森林里睡了这么久!
Husband: We thought you were never coming back.
丈夫:我们以为你们再也不回来了。
Wife: Now, go to bed.
妻子:现在去睡觉。
As soon as you wake up, you must go to the forest with your father.
一醒来,你们就必须和父亲去森林。
Hansel: What, again I want to go out to look at the moon.
韩赛尔:什么,还去?我想出去看看月亮。
Wife: No. You can't go out now.
妻子:不,你现在不能出去。
SCENE FIVE:
场景五:
Gretel: What can we do You have no more stones.
葛雷特:我们该怎么办?你没有更多的石头。
Hansel: I'll drop pieces of bread.
韩赛尔:我打算扔一些面包片。
As soon as the moon rises, we can follow them instead.
月亮一升起来,我们可以跟随它们走,来代替石头。
SCENE SIX:
场景六:
Gretel: I can't see any bread on the ground. Maybe it was the birds.
葛雷特:在地上我看不到任何面包。可能让鸟给吃了。
Hansel: Never mind! Just keep walking. Unless we do, we won't find our way out.
韩赛尔:不要紧!一直走,除非我们这样做,否则我们不会找到出路。
SCENE SEVEN:
场景七:
Gretel: Hansel, we're really lost!
葛雷特:韩塞尔,我们真的迷路了!
Hansel: Listen! That bird's song is so beautiful that we should follow it.
韩赛尔:听!那只鸟的歌是如此的动听,我们应该跟着它。
Gretel: Look! It's leading us to that wonderful house made of bread, cake and candy.
葛雷特:看!它在把我们引向那座由面包,蛋糕和糖果做成的美妙小屋。Hansel: Let's eat part of the house!
韩赛尔:让我们吃房子的一部分吧!
(Then they hear an old woman's voice from inside the house. )
(随后,他们听见一个老妇人的声音从房子里面传出来。)
Voice: Who is that Who is brave enough to eat my house
声音:是谁?谁这么勇敢,敢吃我的房子?
Unit 7 What's the highest mountain in the world
Section A
1b
A: Yesterday, we learned some important geographical facts.
昨天,我们学了一些重要的地理知识。
I hope you all still remember them.
我希望你们都还记得。
I'm going to test you now by asking a few questions.
现在我要问一些问题考考你们。
First, what's the highest mountain in the world
第一,世界上最高的山是什么
B: Qomolangma! It's higher than any other mountain in the world.
珠穆朗玛!它比世界上任何一座山都要高。
A: That's right.
答对了!
And who can tell me what the Sahara is
谁能告诉我撒哈拉是什么?
C: The Sahara is the biggest desert in the world.
撒哈拉是世界上最大的沙漠。
A: Very good. And which is the deepest salt lake in the world
很好。世界上最深的盐湖是什么?
D: The Caspian Sea is the deepest of all the salt lakes.
里海是世界上最深的盐湖。
A: You're all so smart!
你们都很聪明!
Now, for the last question, which is the longest river in the world
现在,最后一个问题,时间上最长的河流是什么?
E: I know! The Nile is the longest river in the world.
我知道!尼罗河是世界上最长的河流。
And the Amazon is the second longest river in the world.
亚马逊河是世界上第二长的河流。
A: It seems that you know the answers to all my questions.
好像你们知道我所有问题的答案。
Good job!
做得好!
2a & 2b
A: Hi, I'm Mike. I'm from the United States.
嗨,我是迈克。我来自美国。
B: Welcome to our class, Mike.
欢迎来我们班级,迈克。
We're happy to meet you.
我们很高兴见到你。
A: Can you tell me a bit more about China
你们能给我讲一讲中国吗?
C: Sure! Did you know that China is one of the oldest countries in the world
当然可以!你知道中国是世界上最古老的国家之一吗?
It's over 5, 000 years old.
她有超过5000年的历史。
A: Yes, I did.
是的,我知道。
It's much older than my country
比我的国家古老—
in fact, the United States is one of the youngest countries in the world.
事实上,美国是世界上最年轻的国家之一。
It's not even 300 years old.
不超过300年的历史。
B: And China has the biggest population, too.
中国还拥有最多的人口。
It's a lot bigger than the population of the United States.
比美国的人口要多好多。
A: But China is about the same size as the US, right
但是中国和美国差不多大,对吗?
C: Yes, and it's the biggest country in Asia.
是的,她是亚洲最大的国家。
We also have some famous rivers.
我们有好几条著名的河流。
The Yangtze River is the longest river in Asia.
长江是亚洲最长的河流。
It's about 6, 300 kilometers long.
大概6300公里长。
A: Wow! I didn't know that.
哇!这我不知道。
I thought the Yellow River was longer.
我以为黄河更长呢。
B: No, the Yellow River is 5, 464 kilometers long.
不是的,黄河长5464公里。
But both rivers are very important to China.
但是这两条河对中国都非常重要。
2d
Guide: Feel free to ask me anything on today's Great Wall tour.
导游:在今天的长城游中,大家尽管问我任何问题,不要拘束。
Tourist 1: How long is the wall
游客1:城墙有多长?
Guide: Ah, the most popular question!
导游:嗯,最普遍的问题!
If we're only talking about the parts from the Ming Dynasty, it's about 8, 850 kilometers long.
如果只谈论明朝的那些部分,它大约8850千米长。
This makes it the longest wall in the world.
这就使得它成为世界上最长的城墙。
Tourist 2: Wow, that's amazing!
游客2:哇,真令人惊奇!
Why did the ancient emperors build the wall
为什么古代的帝王要建这个城墙呢?
Guide: The main reason was to protect their part of the country.
导游:主要原因为了保护中国。
As you can see, it's quite tall and wide.
正如你所看到的,它相当的高和宽。
As far as I know, there are no man-made objects as big as this.
据我所知,在没有像它这样大的人造物体了。
Tourist 3: Is Badaling part of the Ming Great Wall
游客3:八达岭是明长城的一部分吗?
Guide: Yes, it's the most famous part.
导游:是的,它是最有名的部分。
3a
Qomolangma—the Most Dangerous Mountain in the World
珠穆朗玛峰——世界上最危险的山?
One of the world's most dangerous sports is mountain climbing,
登山运动是世界上最危险的运动之一,
and one of the most popular places for this is the Himalayas.
喜马拉雅山脉是从事这项运动最受欢迎的地方之一。
The Himalayas run along the southwestern part of China.
喜马拉雅山脉横亘在中国的西南部,
Of all the mountains, Qomolangma rises the highest and is the most famous.
在所有的山中,珠穆朗玛峰是最高的,也是最著名的。
It is 8, 844. 43 meters high and so is very dangerous to climb.
它有8844. 43米高,因此攀登珠穆朗玛峰是非常危险的。
Thick clouds cover the top and snow can fall very hard.
浓云覆盖着山顶,雪可能下得很大。
Even more serious difficulties include freezing weather conditions and heavy storms.
更加严峻的困难包括极冷的天气状况和巨大的风暴。
It is also very hard to take in air as you get near the top.
当你接近山顶的时候,呼吸也是非常困难的。
The first people to reach the top were Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary on May 29, 1953.
在1953年5月29日,人类最先登上(珠穆朗玛峰的)山顶的是丹增 诺尔盖和埃德蒙 希拉里。
The first Chinese team did so in 1960, while the first woman to succeed was Junko Tabei from Japan in 1975.
中国登山队于1960年首次登顶。而在1975年,首次成功登上珠穆朗玛峰的女性是来自日本的田部井淳子。
Why do so many climbers risk their lives
为什么许多登山者都要冒生命的危险呢?
One of the main reasons is because people want to challenge themselves in the face of difficulties.
其中最主要的原因之一是因为他们在想面对困难时挑战自己。
The spirit of these climbers shows us that we should never give up trying to achieve our dreams.
这些登山者的精神向我们证明:我们决不应该放弃实现自己的梦想的尝试。
It also shows that humans can sometimes be stronger than the forces of nature.
它也展示了人类有时比自然界的力量更强大。
Section B
1b & 1c
A: Do you have any questions about baby pandas
关于熊猫宝宝你还有什么问题吗?
B: Are they much smaller than an adult panda
他们比一只成年熊猫小很多吗?
A: Yes. When they're born, they only weigh about 0. 1 to 0. 2 kilos.
是的。他们刚出生的时候,只有0. 1到0. 2公斤。
B: Wow, that's small!
哇,那么小!
I know an adult panda weighs many times more than a baby.
我知道一只成年熊猫体重是熊猫宝宝的好多倍。
A: That's right. And the adult pandas weigh around 100 kilos.
说得对。一只成年熊猫重100公斤。
B: What about the size of a baby panda
熊猫宝宝体型有多大?
How small is it
它们很小吗?
A: At birth, it's only around 15 cm long, but an adult panda is around 150 cm long.
刚出生时,它仅仅有15厘米长,但是一只成年熊猫差不多150厘米长。
C: Is a baby panda also black and white
熊猫宝宝也是黑白色的吗?
A: No, you would never guess!
不,你可能猜不到!
A baby panda is pink and it cannot see.
熊猫宝宝是粉红色的,它看不到东西。
It also doesn't have any teeth.
也没有牙齿。
C: How long can pandas live
熊猫的寿命是多长?
A: They can live up to 20 to 30 years.
他们能活20到30年。
2b
It is 8: 30 a. m. at the Chengdu Research Base.
早上八点半,成都研究基地。
Lin Wei and the other panda keepers are preparing the milk for the baby pandas' breakfast.
林微和其他的大熊猫饲养员正在为大熊猫幼崽的早餐准备牛奶。
At 9: 00 a. m., they find that most of the babies are already awake and hungry.
上午九点钟,他们发现大多数的大熊猫幼崽已经醒来并且很饥饿。
When the babies see the keepers,
当它们看到饲养员的时候,
they run over with excitement and some of them even walk into their friends and fall over!
它们兴奋地跑过去,其中一些甚至撞上自己的朋友而跌倒!
"They're so cute and lovely.
“它们非常聪明可爱。
I take care of them like they're my own babies.
我像照顾自己的孩子一样照顾它们。
I wash, feed and play with them every day.
我每天给他们洗澡,喂食,陪它们玩耍。
They're very special to me."
它们对我来说真的特别特殊。”
Lin Wei loves her job, but it is a difficult one.
林微非常喜爱他的工作。但是这是一份艰苦的工作。
Pandas do not have many babies, maybe only one every two years.
大熊猫产仔并不多,也许每两年仅产一只幼崽。
The babies often die from illnesses and do not live very long.
这些幼崽经常死于疾病并且活不很长。
Adult pandas spend more than 12 hours a day eating about 10 kilos of bamboo.
成年的大熊猫一天要花费12个多小时的时间吃大约10千克竹子。
Many years ago, there were a lot more bamboo forests and pandas in China, but then humans started to cut down the forests.
多年以前,中国有更多的竹林和大熊猫。但是后来人类开始砍伐竹林。
Scientists say there are now fewer than 2, 000 pandas living in the remaining forests.
科学家们说:如今生活现存森林里的大熊猫不足2000只。
Another 200 or so live in zoos or research centers in China and other countries.
在动物园以及中国和其他国家的研究中心生活着另外200只左右的大熊猫。
An education program in Chengdu teaches children in cities about pandas and other endangered animals.
成都的一个教育项目旨在向城市的孩子教授大熊猫和其他濒危动物的知识。
They send people to schools to tell children about the importance of saving these animals.
他们派人到学校告诉孩子们保护这些动物的重要性。
The children sing songs or make artwork about pandas and other wild animals.
孩子们唱歌或者制作有关大熊猫和其他野生动物的图片。
Teaching children is one way to help save pandas.
教育孩子是帮助拯救大熊猫的一种方法。
The Chinese government is also planting more bamboo trees so there will be more forests for pandas to live in.
中国政府也种植了更多的竹林,因为此将会有更多的竹林供熊猫居住。
We all hope that in the future there will be a lot more pandas than now.
我们都希望将来会有比现在更多的大熊猫。
Unit 8 Have you read Treasure Island yet
Section A
1b
Conversation 1
对话一
Nick: Hey, Judy, how was English class
尼克:嗨,朱迪,英语课怎么样?
Judy: Hey, Nick. It was a good class today. I enjoyed it.
朱迪:嗨,尼克。今天是一堂不错的课。我喜欢它。
Nick: What's your class reading right now
尼克:你们现在学到哪课了?
Judy: We're reading a book called Treasure Island.
朱迪:我们正在学一本书叫做金银岛。
Nick: How is it I haven't read it yet.
尼克:怎么样?我还没有读呢。
Judy: It's really exciting.
朱迪:非常吸引人。
Conversation 2
对话二
Alan: Sandy, have you finished the reader yet
艾伦:桑迪,你读完读本了吗?
Sandy: What reader, Alan
桑迪:什么读本,艾伦?
Alan: Robinson Crusoe. Ms. Butler told us to finish it this week, remember
艾伦:鲁滨孙漂流记。巴特勒女士告诉我们这周读完,记得吗?
Sandy: Oh, no! I've not read it yet.
桑迪:哦,不!我还没有读呢。
Alan: Well, I just finished reading it last night.
艾伦:哦,我是昨晚刚读完的。
Sandy: How is it Is it boring
桑迪:怎么样?无聊不?
Alan: No, I love it. It's wonderful.
艾伦:不,我喜欢。很精彩。
Conversation 3
对话三
Kate: Have you read Little Women yet, Harry
凯特:你读了小妇人了吗,哈利?
Harry: No, I haven't. Have you, Kate
哈利:没有呢。你呢,凯特?
Kate: Yes. I've already read it.
凯特:是的。我已经读完了。
Harry: What's it like
哈利:怎么样?
Kate: It's fantastic.
凯特:很神奇。
Harry

展开更多......

收起↑

资源预览